Posted In: Explosiveness
In the quest to become more powerful and athletic, many athletes may be thinking that if they perform explosive exercises with added load, that when they go back to performing similar or sport specific movements at bodyweight, they’ll be that much more explosive. This write up aims to serve as an introduction and reveal whether or not loaded explosive movements are necessary, and which types of athletes they are best suited for. I will focus my attention on exercises aimed a increasing the vertical jump and the sprint. For the vertical jump, examples of weighted exercises are: Olympic lifts, jump squats while holding dumbbells/ balancing a barbell on the back, or wearing a weighted vest. For sprinting, many athletes will use the aforementioned exercises, along with other methods such as sprinting with, or pushing, a weighted sled.
They are an integral part of many SAQ programs and compliment many different sports and events.Ladder agility drills are an excellent way to improve foot speed, agility, coordination and overall quickness.
Improve explosive power with this full body med ball workout
Medicine ball training has been around since the ancient Greeks discovered health benefits from exercising with weighted balls. It is one of the oldest forms of strength and conditioning used to improve health, explosive power, and speed. Medicine balls are versatile, portable and a fad that lasted the test of time. Several styles and sizes exist – some are made of rubber or leather, some absorb load, and others bounce really high. But how can a weighted sphere be so simple, yet have the potential to be so functional?
Training with plyometrics can be the difference between being an average athlete or a greatathlete. Some coaches tend to shy away from plyometrics as they assume the movements can be dangerous, hard to teach, and not worth the trouble. This is not the case. By not implementing plyos into your athlete’s routine, your athlete will never become nearly as explosive as he or she could.
Someone mentioning they have Soviet training secrets used to be a big deal. The Soviets’ athletic endeavors were quite dominant from the 1950s to the 1990s. One secret that American coaches noticed was the Soviet athletes doing jumping drills before competition, rather than the traditional static stretching.
- Gabor Fitness Heavy Duty Weightlifting Wrist Wraps and Straps Combo Package, Black/White Rugged $63.18
- Isopure Whey Protein Isolate, Unflavored, 3 Pounds (Packaging May Vary) $51.22
- Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill $363.06
- Glute Ham Developer $702.08
- Optimum Nutrition Creatine 2500mg, 300 Capsules $34.73
- MuscleTech Platinum 100% Creatine, Ultra-Pure Micronized Creatine Powder, 80 Servings, 0.88 lbs (400g)
- Dymatize Nutrition Elite Whey Protein, Rich Chocolate, 5 Pound $63.90
- Optimum Nutrition Creatine Powder, Unflavored, 600g $18.25
- CAP Barbell Solid Hex Dumbbell, Single (25-Pound)
- All Stars Creatin Monohydrat ATP Regeneration Support 600g by All Stars
- Naturo Nitro Creatine Chrome with Magnapower™ - Rapid Muscle Gain, Increased Muscle ATP and Cell Volumization, 90ct, 30 Day Supply $41.71
- Decacor Creatine (50 Serv) - 10 Creatine Blend - Best Creatine Powder - Muscles, Power, Recovery $44.21
- Jarrow Formulas Whey Protein, Supports Muscle Development, Unflavored, 32 oz. $24.49
- GNC Pro Performance AMP Amplified Whey-Bolic Extreme 60 Original Powder, Chocolate, 3 Pound $62.42
- Sunny Threaded Solid Chrome Barbell Bar (60-Inch)
- Gabor Fitness 4-Inch Epic Performance Low Profile Weightlifting Belt ... (Small -- 22"-29") $18.91
- CAP Barbell Standard 1-inch Threaded EZ Curl Bar
- NeeBooFit Resistance Loop Band Set - Best Fitness Exercise Bands for Working Out or Physical Therapy - 12x2 Inches (6 Piece Set) $31.59
- Thera-Band Aquatic Exercise Dumbells/Hand Bars - Sold in Pairs - Heavy $42.91
- Optimum Nutrition Creatine 2500mg, 100 Capsules $13.90
- US Weight F0105E- 105-Pound Weight Set with Dumbbells
- Stamina InMotion Manual Treadmill (Pewter Grey, Black) $149.26
Air Alert III
Vertical Jump Bible
7 days to a higher vertical
Building A Better Athlete
Total Xplosive Training
Faster 40 In 4 Days
531 2nd edition ebook
James Steel – Bas’ Barbell Club